Hard chromium - The special surface protection against wear and corrosion.
Hard chromium plating is primarily used in the field of wear stress. The ability of the chrome, in conjunction with oxygen, to form a dense oxide layer lends hard chromium plating its extremely good corrosion resistance and its anti-adhesive properties. The corrosion resistance characteristics can even be further enhanced through multi-layered coatings, with double and triple plating, also referred to as multi-layered hard chromium. The surface technology matt hard chromium offers the advantage of a defined roughness depth, with which to improve the “grippiness” of feed rollers for example.
Because the chromium plating process is not possible with complex geometries without the use of anode technology, this is precisely where our expertise in high quality coatings lies. Our in-house fixture construction develops the anodes required on the basis of the technical drawing, depending on the size and shape of the part, as well as the surface to be coated. We are therefore capable of applying high quality, even coatings to parts with a wide range of geometries and internal diameters.
- Ø 1300 x 4700 mm auf Umschlag 8000 mm
- Ø 60 x 6500 mm
- 1700 x 1500 x 1300 mm
- max. 5000 kg
- Hardness 1000 ± 50 HV 0.1
- Coating thickness depending on requirement, 0.003 to 1.0 mm
- Roughness depending on requirement, Rmax < 0.1 µm to Rz 70 µm
- actual standard
- Expansion coefficient 6.6 to 8.4 x 10-6 1/K
- Ductility 0.1% elongation at break
- Wear resistance per Taber Abraser < 5mg/1000 revolutions
- Friction coefficient 0.15 lubricated, 0.21 dry against steel